Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+5
josephineperrot
fynesthorse
Simona
sarahbunny
Hikoi
9 posters

Beyonce's "NEW" Halo version sounds like Stans

Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Beyonce's "NEW" Halo version sounds like Stans Empty Beyonce's "NEW" Halo version sounds like Stans

Post by Hikoi Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:20 pm

I just saw the new Beyonce Halo song in "Hope for Haiti", and
    lo and behold, it is so similar to our Stans!!!

Have a listen and tell me what you think?

Also Justine Timberlake sings "Hallelujah", whats up with that?

Anyway... I still think our Stan does it best, but Beyonce sounds much better when shes singing it slow.

Beyonces Halo[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Justin Timberlake Hallelujah [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Beyonce's "NEW" Halo version sounds like Stans Empty Re: Beyonce's "NEW" Halo version sounds like Stans

Post by sarahbunny Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:26 pm

Yer i know i heard the beyoncè one this morning it dus sound like Stans version abit and i thought she sounded screechy haha i havnt listened to Jt version i'll do that later

Dunno bout jt version but Stans sings alot better than jt haha
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Beyonce's "NEW" Halo version sounds like Stans Empty Re: Beyonce's "NEW" Halo version sounds like Stans

Post by Simona Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:58 pm

Yes, hikoi it is in fact Beyonce's "NEW" Halo version sounds like Stans Icon_eek

I searched other "halo" acoustic versions but didn't find any official ones or another as this latest of beyonce.

She sang it acoustic once at a hospital. It was u/l months ago. "halo" it is a song perfect for an acoustic version. In the utube link you had there she probably wanted to do a more soulful version for the Haiti cause, raw version, to convey just emotions and not dancing around and showing off glamours ways. LOL she has control! Beyonce's "NEW" Halo version sounds like Stans 428148

I love Stan's version. It is very similar to this one of beyonce (which seems to be the first official acoustic Tv broadcast). I find that not a lot of singers could sing it how Stan does, he has a nice range lol. Beyonce should be proud of him!

I love JT & Co version of Hallelujah. Very kind and emotional. It is a song covered over 200 times (officially). Again, for the Haiti cause was right on theme and perfectly executed! love it!
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:04 pm

He has a huge range, of all the males doing Halo on Youtube,
    not one of them can sing the full scale of the song without
    breaking, the way our Stan can! Even Beyonce has to go markedly softer when she
    goes to the highest range. You really cant appreciate how good
    he is until you see the many versions out there. Beyonce's "NEW" Halo version sounds like Stans 727573 Beyonce's "NEW" Halo version sounds like Stans 727573
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:17 pm

oooo i watched that on tv tooo - hmmm all i have to say is why jt sang hallelujah - didnt match him , if only they called stan to sing it - would of been ammaazziinnggg - lols ..
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:24 pm

you can see we are not bias!!! grins....what a great cause for such a disaster for the people in Haiti, a place that has a lot of proverty and does not help that they do not build homes that can stand when earthquakes come along. born and bred in Wellington I am use to earthquakes all my life i would hate to think what it must be like when you live in something that breaks like a matchstick! why does it seem so many of these terrible natural disasters are inflicted on the poorer countries?
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:43 pm

hmmmm , i am so with you josie - it really hurts me the most when you see those innocent lil kids in pain cries but the best surviving story ive seen was that lil kid after 8 days trapped in total darkness with no food or water and being pulled out and he just lift his arms up and smiled - i know alot of these earthquakes and things tend to happen in the poorer countries :( ..
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:28 am

I agree Hikoi

Stan's range is huge! it seems to get better with time? and also the nerves play tricks on his voice sometime lol

such a sweet heart! Stan's version of Halo is definitely the best male cover for me! Beyonce's "NEW" Halo version sounds like Stans 333657
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:11 am

Thanx Hikoi....
    listened to Beyonce....did a good job, lovely vocals....sorry no match for Stan...love his version way better.. Beyonce's "NEW" Halo version sounds like Stans 163212 ..has she been listening to Stans version...lol...in glee:)

Nice one Justin Timberlake...nice version...has he also been listening to Stan.....Stans version way better.. Beyonce's "NEW" Halo version sounds like Stans 52856 Beyonce's "NEW" Halo version sounds like Stans 52856 .leaves me wanting to hear more....
    Not biased at all...lol...with glee:) Beyonce's "NEW" Halo version sounds like Stans 333657

Taichi
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:43 am

LMAO - yes, we are ALL biased in here, I am sure. I just can't wait for Stan's next album!
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:29 pm

haha. Hikoi how funny, i heard this today aswell, & I shared it on my f/b with a message saying 'I love beyonce, but this version sound alot like stans". & then i come in here and you have posted.same..haha.
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:17 pm

Hikoi wrote:He has a huge range, of all the males doing Halo on Youtube,
    not one of them can sing the full scale of the song without
    breaking, the way our Stan can! Even Beyonce has to go markedly softer when she
    goes to the highest range. You really cant appreciate how good
    he is until you see the many versions out there. Beyonce's "NEW" Halo version sounds like Stans 727573 Beyonce's "NEW" Halo version sounds like Stans 727573

I sooo agree Hikoi..Beyonce has a lovely accoustic 'Halo' for Haiti, but Stan's is better -beautiful, pure and simple - no more no less! And Mike's guitar complements Stans accoustic version. Beyonce has the piano accompanying her..very average, but perhaps right for the power of her voice? I dunno...but yes Hikoi.. Even his range is better..he CAN sing the full scale without breaking..yes yes yes!

As for JT & co.. I don't really like their version of Hallelujah, in my opinion a little contrived (for the occasion?)..a little 'try hard?'. I love JT, he can SING but sorry not this song. Stan however.. Every line of Hallelujah he sings with effortless emotion, every single word comes from his soul.. he breaths Hallelujah, and it comes out in glorius beautiful song. Halleluyay! lolz Hallelujah!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:45 pm