Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+14
Nicola
brighteyes
Hikoi
LASERAsmiles
kiwianabananarama
Lily
Kaitiakis_Mummy
QueenTiger
Taichimisty
Linda
Simona
KrystaBel
fynesthorse
sarahbunny
18 posters

Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ

Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 4 Empty Re: Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ

Post by Linda Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Hikoi wrote:Well, I can't go!! Mums in hospital and I have to help look after my dad,(I'm
    one of his main carers!, don't tell anyone but I'm the number ONE caregiver!!!lol!, but I'm not competitive, no really, I'm not! lol!). So my two ugly blisters(lol!), are going as a duo this time! I've instructed them on how to use the video camera, theyre not to give it to my sisters husband, cos he always looses things! Especially car keys! They're to do us proud, and they have come up with a strategy. They're gonna try and persuade the husband if they can rest the camera on his head while videoing, so its nice and steady, and cos their arms are gonna get tired! bwahahaha! And hes not allowed to talk or sing! and maybe even, not allowed to breathe? bwahahha. Its gonna be hillarious! cant wait! jumping angel

bwahahahahaha noice! Very well thought out plan....... love it love it.............. LMAO
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 4 Empty Re: Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ

Post by Simona Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:10 pm

omg omg omg.... Stan should be singing right now Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 4 565759 Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 4 Fresse

Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 4 95894 Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 4 6608
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:23 pm

yeah but we aren't there! Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 4 308681
    Stan Walker Girl
    Stan Walker Girl
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Stan Walker Girl Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:42 pm

When is he back in Sydney ??? huh Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 4 308681
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:03 pm

Stan Walker Girl wrote: When is he back in Sydney ??? huh Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 4 308681
    here annab. Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 4 466632
    https://stanwalker.forumotion.com/tours-appearances-f6/upcoming-stan-walker-blacktown-olympic-park-nab-cup-t418.htm

has anyone got news on the concert? Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 4 312182
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:07 pm

With her kind permission, heres a Txt transcript from Kiwiana in Taupo!

11.09 Yo! Hikoi or Lily!... Hi!! I’m in hamz (Hamilton) cuz…see u n sis n Taupo…woop! Woop! Xoxo Kiwiana!
    11.15 Hahas! Woohoo! Keep n touch babes!
    2.34 Have picked up tickets. Stan is doing sound check around the corner! But we going 4 swim, Yess!! No line yet and itsblimmen fricken hot here n Taupo. The river looks nice and refreshing..wonder where Lily is?
    2.45 I can hear Stan practicing! Aah!!!
    2.46 And now the backing vocals! Oh sweet!
    2.47 Umbrella!
    2.49 No ones here, just us and the security. Lolz! Even he looks like Stan!!
    2.52 Stans singing! Omg! Gawgess! Sing 2 me baby! Yes! His voice is divine!
    2.56 He’s talking! Now they’re all singing. Theres a band…harmonies r so good! Its Umbrella!!
    3.00 I’m outside! Doors not open! Now Crazy by Beyonce
    3.05 Now Apologise and Now That We Found Love!
    3.10 I gotta swim. Omg.
    3.15 Nows he’s singing Crazy by Charles Gnarly! Cant stop dancing. I c him, his hand in bandage.
    4.37 Im in line. First! Haha! Wheres Lily?
    4.48 We going back straight after 4 Auckland concert!
    4.53 The river was awesome with Stan rehearsing in the background. Mean!
    4.56 Wheres Lily? Im at the front of the stage!
    4.57 I’ve heard him practice at least 10! (songs)
    5.49 Your sisters r so cool! I miss you though
    6.35 Guess whos behind me? Stans cuz from BB official video!!
    6.39 Haha! I might get a photograph!
    9.14 Babe Stan was the mannis! But I am battered n bruised from all the pushing! The teens were brutal! I gots bruises on my arms! But Stan was great! And I had another swim! Yay!
    9.32 He sung about 9 songs. Umbrella, smash, purple, Jesus song, crazy, sweet dreams, BB, halo, Now that we found love.
    9.34 Maybe 5000 fans!

Talked to Kiwiana! She said it was awesome!! Stan was wearing a white long t-shirt with black vest, the jeans he wore at Matakana Island and faded white hightop sneaker boots, and his hairs slightly longer. Stan had the bandage off and Kiwiana said the tattoo looked awesome, beautiful!

Erana Clarke was there along with Taylor and Ashley, but Sydney wasn’t!
    Many of the fans were teens and Kiwiana was frontline, right up against the barrier with the screaming horde at her back!

Kiwiana’s back off to Auckland to catch his performance the day after tomorrow (?). Theres still lots more to tell, but I’ll leave the juicy bits to Kiwiana, shes earned it!!!

flower Group Hug
    radelaide
    radelaide
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by radelaide Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:10 pm

Thanks Hikoi!! And way to go Kiwiana!! Can't wait for the details, vids and pics - you're da bomb. What I would have given to be there ... first concert and first with live band. Way to go Stan!
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:12 pm

OMG Hikoi, thats for your post & updates from Kiwi. & Thanks Kiwi you are definately da bomb cuz, Can't wait to see the video & read your awesome experience.. 9 songs how awesome is that... Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 4 563318

Go Stan
    radelaide
    radelaide
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by radelaide Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:30 pm

Can't wait to hear how he went singing Crazy (Charles Gnarly) - it's on my wishlist for Stan to sing - know he would kill this!
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:32 pm

radelaide wrote:Can't wait to hear how he went singing Crazy (Charles Gnarly) - it's on my wishlist for Stan to sing - know he would kill this!

Hey kel, with u gf, i was thinking the same thing, i love this song, just want to hear the way stan arranges it....Woo hoo. Can't wait..
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:37 pm

OMGoodness!! Hikoi...amazing!! Thanks for that post..and Kiwiana..she sooo cool!! Pushed up against all the teens.. LMAO..hey she deserved the swim after the concert cos she all battered and bruised.. hahaha. Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 4 306969

Thank u Hikoi..a gr8 read..very funny..and how lucky to hear Stan Rehearse over and over and over..Taupo, wot a treat!!
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:02 pm

yaaahhhh ! thank you so much for the info - cant wait till she comes back and tell us the whole goss - wooop ! :)
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:59 pm

thank you so much hikoi!

kiwiana had a swim! I so can picture that! did you go at the concert in your bikini? Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 4 306969 you r da bomb!

I love all the songs he sang.... oh my gosh can't wait to hear details and videos! Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 4 822661
    Keitamaanga
    Keitamaanga
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Keitamaanga Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:02 am

oh wow whata awesome update!!! thanks I couldnt make it yesterday and I was fully gutted No
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:17 am

Thanks for the update lol sounds fun
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:19 am

OMG the video! He got sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo close!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-gKXr_zhq8
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Thanks Kiwi for the awesome video footage.... You are da bomb cuz.
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:05 pm

Kiwiana...how cool r u?? Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 4 306969 gf...Taupo went OFF!! The vid clips are gr8..awsum to see Stan - and his tatoo hand reached out to YOU!! love
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:37 pm

Thanx Kiwiana.....wot everyone else said....'me too'.

Taichi
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:22 am

yeppp - rock on kiwi punk1 you the bomb :) X
    Stan Walker Girl
    Stan Walker Girl
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Stan Walker Girl Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:31 pm

Whooop Whooop Lol whats are we talking about
    Nicola
    Nicola
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Nicola Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:34 pm

Thanks Kiwiana , you're awesome! Great to see all the videos and to see there was so much support for his first real concert of his own - and that he did it here in NZ was special.
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:18 am

Part One!! Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 4 52856 Road trip to Stan!!!

You know Thursday was a bad day for me! Google tricked me into linking my YT channel to Google and also because I was sick with a sore throat and a cold...I made the worse decision and my channel disappeared! Oh it was madness...so YT channel account holders beware! do NOT link your channel to Google or else!! After many distressed emails (and a few lil threats thrown in )..haha..Google disabled my account and Kiwiana returned...whew!! Good as new!! But now I cant use Google chrome~ pfft! Like I care!!
    My reason for telling you this is because I dont want you guys to make the mistake I made...and I was feeling sick like I didnt want to drive for 4 hours to Taupo to be honest. But i got ready and early Friday morning we set off....me, son and mate!! It was a great trip and I was getting pretty excited and not sick at all. I packed too much of course...dont know why coz I wore the same clothes the whole time...didnt even need my sleeping bag! But us girls have to have a little gloss and mascara..i didnt even straighten my hair ... but it still looked awesome....haha....So we got to Hamilton and my son wants to buy some more 'Lower or LWR' gear...guess where the shop is...right on Garden place...and I think, man its gonna be packed tomorrow for Stans Hamilton concert coz its kinda small...but anyway we left and carried on thru and finally came to the turnoff to Taupo...
    It was so hot when we arrived in Taupo...we found the venue very easily as it was on the main river. No one was there except a security guard (fynest-haha) who looked like Stan ...Ok he had shades on and I only noticed his Stan shaped lips...full very full...but not juju blips!!haha.. I said 'where do we collect the tickets' coz I had an email confirmation ticket. He was so nice he directed us to the where ticketek was and we picked them up. By that time... I was ready for a swim and we had decided to go to the lake...but my son wanted to go shopping for~ you guessed it~LWR brand clothing! me and mate decided that to be first in line we could sacrafice the lake, so we went back to the venue. It was so HOT tho on a most beautiful sunny day...I needed to swim and I saw some locals coming from the river. We parked up and i started txting Hikoi. We had planned to meet but it was her Sisters and Bro-in-law coming...so that was cool too. Then I heard him...OMG ...Stan was here already rehearsing.. we stopped for a while in a trance listening.....he was rehearsing Umbrella, then Crazy, Crazy in love, Now that weve found love ...it was AWESOME. His voice was being blasted thruout that whole area and it was just us and a security guard and some locals by the river. This was too much for me...i was txting Hikoi and stopping to catch my breath while I enjoyed Stan and the BVs...they sounded amazing...my mate lay down on the grass...we were parked under a tree...coz it was HOT...I couldnt see the stage but it was like the sound was being amplified! Truly I could have stood on that one spot all day...and i started sending Superman txts too...didnt want him to miss it...I suppose i kept saying to Hik that it was hot and she threatened me to swim or else...so I listened and moved from that one spot...changed in the nearby bathrooms. Before we went to the river we stood by the fence and saw Stan singing with his Tamoko hand bandaged up. OMG...had to tell Hikoi! she was gonna kill me if I didnt get to that river!!hahaha!
    To truly appreciate this river you have to experience it yourself...It was so clear i could see the bottom thru crystal turquoise clean deep water. The locals were swinging off 2 long ropes tied on two tall trees...and Im like yep Im up for that...but then Stan was singing again...OMG...I waited till some one said 'are you going in?'...yes of course...just had to hear him sing Smash into me ...then I dived in...it was NIIIICE...the current carried me down...Stan was still singing....I got out and did a bomb...and swum heapz...Stans singing again...aaahhh magic...I got the rope...stood on the highest ledge and jumped on and it swung way out...and Stans singing 'LETS STAY TOGETHER!'...loud...amazing...i let go and down into the water again...went swimming back...again and again on the rope, did a few bombs...coz it was so deep...chatted to the locals...they were very very nice guys...not going to see Stan tho...but thinking about it now...haha...but Stans voice was heavenly...and the river was so refreshing I really didnt want to get out. I kept checking to see if people were arriving to line up...as awesome as the water was ...we had a mission to be first in line and front of stage. But people werent coming at all and we stayed swimming and swinging off the ropes for ages...till Stan stopped singing. These guys invited us to jump off the cliff which sounded awesome to me but my mate said no thanks and we went to get changed. Then I saw people arriving and that was it!!.... jean shorts and blk tee went over...(ummm yep bikini simo)but after singlet came off.....hahaha.... on earrings and gloss and glasses. I was fast...very fast grabbed my bag which was already to go and I was first in line...lol...haha triumphant!!...it had been the best Stan day ever...I think it may have been about 4pm...tried to call Superman..no luck, so I txtd Hikoi again...I wanted Lily and Co to be at the front with me...coz the line was getting long fast. I even called out down the line for her....haha...but then I said hello to some lovely pretty girls from Otaki...i told them all about Stans State, and Stan chatting to us in chatbox, The dessert date, upcoming concert dates i knew...they seemed very eager to join up coz they love him so much too. Actually i talked to a few people coz they all seemed interested in SS and they loved Stan...thats so cool!! Then the gates opened and we were thru ...and running...My son and Otaki gurls claimed the front of stage...haha..and we were thrilled and relaxed....and chatted and cracked up coz Erina and band were still rehersing. Stan had gone for a swim...right behind the stage.. The venue filled up slowly...I was chatting to my Otaki mate and txting...I got this funny txt from Lily and gisray and motioned my arms for them to come to me and then I met hikois sisters and bro-in-law... i was so excited....coz they are totally babes...just beautiful ladies and Bro...had a few laughs with them. They sat back a bit and lilys hubby came to the front with us. Soon there were tons of people and the front of stage was getting full. I looked back and saw Nashon from the Blackbox video right behind me...but I didnt know his name and I was really slow coz he left, so I didnt meet him at all..dang it...he didnt play bass that day either guys only on Saturday. But my otaki friend she was cool and very pretty (well Stan thought so too~ haha. There was a great supporting band that played first ...loved their Bob Marley song. Then all of a sudden it got a bit crazy...everyone knew Stan was coming and rushed to the front of stage...We got up and I went slamming into the barrier by teens and little kids and that was when everyone started pushing and shoving and trying to elbow their way in. I couldnt believe it...they were quite rude actually...thats where i was sandwiched for most of Stans concert.
    Part two to follow>>> Stan Walker Concert at Lake Taupo, NZ - Page 4 548796
    KrystaBel
    KrystaBel
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by KrystaBel Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:14 pm

Ohhhhhh...cant wait for the next instalment!! Nice Kiwiana. xx
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:15 pm

Me either! I love the way she writes.................

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 pm