Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+10
Taichimisty
wolfpackgirl10
Hikoi
Kaitiakis_Mummy
rambletamblegurl
Keitamaanga
kiwianabananarama
fynesthorse
Linda
Simona
14 posters

Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival

Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival Empty Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival

Post by Simona Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:15 pm

Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival

Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival Web18s10
    Nearly 3000 people of many cultures, ages and backgrounds, converged on Matakana Island for the Natural Breeze Music Festival and a glimpse of Australian Idol winner Stan Walker.
    Organised by the island's Te Awanui Hauora Trust (health trust), Saturday's event aimed to take a strong stand against drugs, alcohol and smoking - with a ban on all three at the event.
    The line-up of acts, including Katchafire, Herbs Unplugged, P-Money, PNC and Maisey Rika, all entertained the crowd but it was Walker - who made a fleeting visit home for the festival - who really captured the audience.
    Light rain fell on festival-goers but that did not dampen their spirit to dance, or enjoy the entertainment, staged at Matakana Island Sports and Recreation Club.
    After months of voluntary hard work, Matakana Island resident and interim chairman of the hauora, Tony Palmer watched his dream of a festival on the island come true.
    Happy that the festival had almost sold out, Mr Palmer pointed to young and old - of all cultures - enjoying themselves.
    "People have said 'good on you for making a stand' and look down there - it shows [people] do not need alcohol to have a good time and they're going to remember the event tomorrow."
    Hauata Palmer said he was glad the event had been such a success for the committee who had put in so many voluntary hours to make it happen.
    Lawrence Tairi came from Cambridge to support his whanau on Matakana Island.
    "It is a brilliant day - I have never seen so many people on this field.
    "There are heaps of people here from all over the place."
    Jane Pou, from Tauranga, who was involved in construction of the clubroom, said the festival was fabulous.
    "It is all cultures, young and old, with children enjoying the entertainment with their families," she said.
    "But it is not about the adults or the teenagers - it is about whanau because music brings people together."
    She gave credit to the many volunteers involved in making the day possible.
    "The hard work that has gone into this by the island people is amazing - it is such a strong-knit community."

Kiwiana!!!!! Is that hand at the top yours? Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival 822661

credit source: http://www.bayofplentytimes.co.nz/local/news/idol-stan-wows-crowd-at-island-festival/3908744/

Last edited by Simona on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival Empty Re: Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival

Post by Linda Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:16 pm

She did such a great job Simo :)
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival Empty Re: Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival

Post by fynesthorse Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:25 pm

he surreee did Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival 333657 and yess is that any of your hands kiwiana ? LOLS
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:36 pm

Mine is the one closest to us...you can see my green festival wristband and my bracelet which has my name on it...dang it..I keep forgetting to give it to stan...lol...but this is great....haha...this shot was taken after he came over to me...whew I hate being on camera...lol...

kiwiana xo Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival 308681
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:47 pm

...hold on...actually maybe it was before...dang im getting senile...i'll have to check on the vid...Stan is so happy ae? bless is big heart!!! xoxo

kiwiana xo Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival 563318
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:55 pm

awww , yess he looks like he is having a hectikk time Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival 52856
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:01 pm

ok...im retracting the 'senile' bit...its late ok...lol...this is fun! huyya
    running between posts fynest! you are awesome cuz!

kiwiana xo Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival 333657
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:20 pm

60s dance lmao
    Keitamaanga
    Keitamaanga
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Keitamaanga Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:39 am

awesome I went -- Loved Stans performamce Brilliant- Amasing--Yah he's coming to my City of Rotorua on the 30th of Jan - Awesome Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival 515754
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:13 am

Hey Keitamaanga....shot rotovegas cuz! You going to raggas...you must be ae....lucky....aaaahhh hes coming to ur hometown....lucky again....and you were at Matakana too...we probably danced next to eachother cuz...haha...or not! Hey and Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival 569874 to SS forum cuz. You will LOVE it here. Yes Stan was brilliant....hes a hottie ae?...mmm...Im looking forward to seeing him again myself but im not sure where hes gonna be...have a awesome day...hey my whanau live in Ngongotaha...near the lake...

kiwiana xo Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival 308681
    rambletamblegurl
    rambletamblegurl
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival Empty Stan wows crowd!!!

Post by rambletamblegurl Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:18 pm

WOW STAN!!! He is so great with the fans Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival 163212 Can't wait to see Stan when he is in Brissy again Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival 308681 STAN ROCKS Stanilicious
    Kaitiakis_Mummy
    Kaitiakis_Mummy
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Kaitiakis_Mummy Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:03 am

Hey guys any news of him coming to Perth anytime soon???...I drove 2 and a bit hours to see him perform in Joondalup and friggin missed him I was stuck in traffic on the highway Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival 308681 dumb dumb dumb....got some pics with him tho...but I really wanted to see him perform :(
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:35 am

Didya see his (cousin?). She's really short man, really short! lol! I missed Sydney tho, he always has this "thats nice dear" look on his face as he quietly waits in the background for his turn to sing. It always cracks me up. And that Taylor can REALLY sing aye! Shes good enough to go out on her own, if she wanted to. sunny
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:37 am

Only one tiny thing...

What the HECK were you wearing bro??!! lol!
    wolfpackgirl10
    wolfpackgirl10
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by wolfpackgirl10 Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:16 am

Just watched the youtube link for Stanz performance at Matakana!!

very cool...............hey Hikoi!! plenty of time for Stan to sort his wardrobe out...!!! he's expressing himself right now.... Stanilicious

My son was like "yup he's definately got skinny jeans on"

My son wants some......... Shocked um not in summer time son

Unfortunately, if im going to see Stan..........im leaving the whanau at home.....unless its in an allocated seating plan with toliets and aircon facilities........

LOOKS LIKE ILL BE GOING ON MY OWN THEN!!

MUHUWAHAHAHAHA!!! evil
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:50 am

LOL @ Hikoi...heartily:) LMAO Stans cousin being really short (wot cousin is that?)....and Sydney's 'that's nice dear look'....yep had the same thought about Sydney myself....

Sorry you missed him performing Kaitia.. Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival 494568 ...you got an awesome photo taken with the gorgeous one....next best thing ae! Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival 333657

Wolfpack.....are skinny jeans the fashion at the moment....no idea.....my sons left home and doin' his own thing....not up with the fashion no more. You won't be getting your son any during summer then?....be a bit hard to peel of during the hot weather wouldn't it...lol...merrily:) wat about for winter then.

Taichi
    wolfpackgirl10
    wolfpackgirl10
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by wolfpackgirl10 Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:26 am

Those are the jeans that he wears....well the style....

personally.......and stan can shooot me if he wants....

but im not a fan of them........

I prefer my boi to be in some Dickies...or jeanz that are a little bit looser...not so tapered round the ankle...

But if thats wot Stan is wanting to wear than thats his choice...
    Wink
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:01 pm

OMG....wot on earth are dickies...lol...rollin' round on floor:).....sooooo not up with it.... LMAO
    Sure its against Stan's religion and beliefs to be non-violent these days...lol..merrily:)....so no one gets shot today or any other day by Stan.... Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival 333657

Taichi
    LASERAsmiles
    LASERAsmiles
    STANning
    STANning

Post by LASERAsmiles Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:39 pm

Dickies is a brand..
    i think..
    isn't it?
    LOL
    wolfpackgirl10
    wolfpackgirl10
    STAN newbie
    STAN newbie

Post by wolfpackgirl10 Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:40 pm

Dickies are a brand.......a very delish brand......but an old brand!! like realli popular late 90ies early 2000s...

By now they wud hv a new version of them.......but Sk8er boi pants are delish.....wudn't mind Stan rocking out those he'd suit them!! way more flattering than those one's he wore at Matakana

oops sorri Stan
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:45 am

bwahahahah...wolfpack cuz...you team jacob?...haha...me too for now...ahahaha....Stan always gets flack for what he wears...thats fine...hes always done things his way( song choices/arrangements & clothes on idol)...i mean before he signed that sony contract and they made him do that awful BB video... whistling oops...did i say that...ummm yep the first to say it on his official BB video when it was posted actually...but Stan has to be comfortable and confident in what he wears...and if it rocks for him then im all for it...actually at matakana when i was filming those vids i was like what the hell is round his neck...(...my bad...even im giving him flack...forgive me stan...love you heaps cuz...xo)
    I didnt realise those tassle things were attached to his top..lols...i should have paid attention when he was close to me ae...LMAO...but whos looking at tassles when stans so close !!! Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival 563318
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:01 pm

Who indeed....lol @ Kiwiana.....you always crack me up for the rest of the day.....thanz buddy!

Taichi
    LadedaDay
    LadedaDay
    STAN n00b
    STAN n00b

Post by LadedaDay Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Thats me singing in the mic Big Smile

That day was AWSOME!!! haha

xx
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:03 pm

LOL haha lucky you singing into the microphone I think I heard you on the video singing lmao
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:06 pm

Paia...is that you cuz...omg... Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival 569874 to stans state cuz...did you hear the news?...Stans also doing a free concert in Hamilton on Waitangi day. You should come cuz!!! Idol Stan wows crowd at island festival 913396

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:39 pm