Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+11
KrystaBel
Hikoi
nappunyoja
sarahbunny
Taichimisty
kalaivani
kiwianabananarama
Linda
QueenTiger
fynesthorse
Simona
15 posters

Stan Performing @ the Matakana Island Natural Breeze music festival.

Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Stan Performing @ the Matakana Island Natural Breeze music festival. Empty Stan Performing @ the Matakana Island Natural Breeze music festival.

Post by Simona Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:13 pm

Idol winner heads home to sing
    by Ellen Irvine | 12th January 2010

Australian Idol winner Stan Walker will return to Tauranga this weekend to play at the Matakana Island Natural Breeze music festival.

It will be Walker's first public performance in New Zealand since winning the television singing contest in November.

He visited Auckland last month to sing at the Maori Sports Awards and promote his debut album, but did not sing publicly or return to his marae at Tamapahore, near Mount Maunganui.

Festival co-organiser Christine Murray said Walker had been on the event's "wish list" since before his win.

Event organisers were expecting the announcement to boost ticket sales, as the phone had started ringing "red hot" since his appearance was confirmed just yesterday.
    "People were ringing saying 'is it true, is it true?"' Mrs Murray said.
    "We are just absolutely stoked."

Entertainment co-ordinator Tim Cooper said Walker's mother had contacted him about Walker doing a concert, and Cooper had suggested the Matakana Island festival.
    "I think he really wanted his first gig in New Zealand to be back home [in Tauranga]."
    Walker attended Arataki Primary School before his family moved to Hamilton, and later to Australia.

He will now headline the festival, which also features Katchafire, Herbs, and others. Walker will perform at 4.30pm, early enough for his young fans to catch the show.

The festival is run by the island's Te Awanui Hauora Trust (health trust), and is promoted as a family-friendly event that is drug-free, alcohol-free and smoke-free.
    Walker, who has spoken publicly of his abusive childhood and battle with alcohol, was a perfect fit for the event, Mr Cooper said.

"Stan is drug- and alcohol-free. He was brought up in Tamapahore and is local as. He was brought up in your typical Once Were Warriors sort of thing, and is anti-violence and anti-drug.

"He's a good pretty much a poster boy for the kaupapa. He defines what we are about."
    Mr Cooper expected many of Walker's whanau to visit Matakana Island, where his grandparents were from, for the festival.

"A lot of them went over to Australia for the final, but I would say there will be a whole lot more who will come to this."

The capacity for the concert is 3000 people, and Mr Cooper advised fans to get in quick as tickets were selling fast.

Tickets are $52, including transport, and are available from TicketDirect

For more info visit http://www.eventfinder.co.nz/2010/jan/tauranga/matakana-island-natural-breeze

credit source: http://www.bayofplentytimes.co.nz/local/news/idol-winner-heads-home-to-sing/3908489/

Last edited by Simona on Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Stan Performing @ the Matakana Island Natural Breeze music festival. Empty Re: Stan Performing @ the Matakana Island Natural Breeze music festival.

Post by fynesthorse Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:08 pm

gaaaaaah , too bad most of us aint in new zealand . i would of loved to see katchafire too desperate ohh wells dots
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Stan Performing @ the Matakana Island Natural Breeze music festival. Empty Re: Stan Performing @ the Matakana Island Natural Breeze music festival.

Post by QueenTiger Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:57 pm

Yeah i read this article today, only wish i was visiting NZ now cries
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:42 pm

Me too............ I'm having major Stan withdrawals! Stan Performing @ the Matakana Island Natural Breeze music festival. 00020461
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:44 am

Yayyyyy....I AM SO THERE CUZZIES!!! aaaaaaahhhhhhh Stan Performing @ the Matakana Island Natural Breeze music festival. 515754

I just heard from Taichimisty....thank you beautiful and I havent sorted the minor details but I'll blimmin swim to the Island or jump on a passing whale to see my Idol sing live. I am so excited you have no idea. Its my birthday end of the month so this is my prezzie to myself. I was going to Raggamuffin...but this is me....its way cheaper and there wont be so much weed...lol...OMG...I cant believe it....STAN IS COMING BACK ....yayyyyy...I am so there for STANS STATE. OMG....aaaaaahhhhh. Luv ya simo cuz xoxox
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:56 am

WTG Kiwi!
    Go and experience a live performance. I've been VERY lucky in that I've seen Stan singing live on several occasions and I met him at a signing at Blacktown with Queen Tiger.
    He is such an awesome performer and a REAAAALLLLLLY lovely young man!
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:03 am

Man i know what ur saying Walker Stalker cuz...I met, kissed and hugged my main man Stan at his signing in Auckland when he came a few weeks back....but to hear him live...im going to bawll my eyes out...and i cant wait...You know i was just searching online to get my tickets and I cant find it ...dang it...i cant miss out ...so i betta go cuz...thanx for the reply. i have to do better in 2010 and visit SS more. love to everyone here. I might get a Tee made to share the love that is Stans Number one fan group! Stans State..haha Stan Performing @ the Matakana Island Natural Breeze music festival. 306969
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:05 am

Oh and im loving the 'United we STANd'....my personal favourite by nova...is STANd by ur STAN...take care cuz xoxo
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:05 am

Woooohoooooooooooooo WTG Kiwi
    This is a great forum I have to admit. At least we get current information here unlike the official! Bah!
    ANyway I won't get started but enjoy the time. He's SOOOOO worthwhile seeing live. I took in excess of 100 photos when I saw him LOL
    Obessed Much??? Bwahahahaha
    kalaivani
    kalaivani
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by kalaivani Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:30 am

mad wish i stayed longer!All around the east coast of NZ is so beautiful.His fans will be wrapped jumping
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:31 am

Well it'll be a breath of fresh air to have him there. He loves it there, his fans love him.... ideal for both.
    The only thing is he batter head back here and not linger too long there LOL
    We miss him too much!
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:48 am

Whew...i got em...tickets...yes! Concert starts at 10am and there is a powhiri. You have to catch the ferry but thats included in the price. Tauranga is only 2 hours away from me and i have whanau there so i'll probably go friday and get the ferry early. Stans not on till 4:25pm for half an hour. But theres heaps to watch....Herbs, p-money, Maisey Rika (love her) and katchfire at 7pm. It will be awesome.

I'll reprezent hardowt for Stans State.

Aaah kalaivani...you like the east coast cuz...you been to Hastings and the hawkes Bay...thats my hometown...the best beaches cuz...always warm too...unlike Auckland stupid weather..4 seasons everyday! Stan Performing @ the Matakana Island Natural Breeze music festival. 333657
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:50 am

Hey Kiwi........... I'm so happy for you! Well done!
    Just enjoy it to the max! Take lots of photos and stuff Stan Performing @ the Matakana Island Natural Breeze music festival. 333657
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:02 am

Thanks mate...i will...at least this time I can take as many photos as i like.At the Auckland signing the security was getting mad coz you were only allowed 1 photo...so i got 12...haha...only coz there were well over 500 people there to see him and I was at the front and they were trying to push thru as many people to see him in 1 hour. Haha i told Stan about Stans State there...haha...had a good ole chat to him. my account of the whole thing is somewhere here. Not sure where tho...someone moved it..lol...probably too long!!

Have a great cuz!!

Kiwiana xo
    STANd by ur STAN.

You'll be proud of me Simo...Ive been here 5 times this year...haha
    kalaivani
    kalaivani
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by kalaivani Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:43 am

kiwianabananarama wrote:Whew...i got em...tickets...yes! Concert starts at 10am and there is a powhiri. You have to catch the ferry but thats included in the price. Tauranga is only 2 hours away from me and i have whanau there so i'll probably go friday and get the ferry early. Stans not on till 4:25pm for half an hour. But theres heaps to watch....Herbs, p-money, Maisey Rika (love her) and katchfire at 7pm. It will be awesome.

I'll reprezent hardowt for Stans State.

Aaah kalaivani...you like the east coast cuz...you been to Hastings and the hawkes Bay...thats my hometown...the best beaches cuz...always warm too...unlike Auckland stupid weather..4 seasons everyday! Stan Performing @ the Matakana Island Natural Breeze music festival. 333657
    Hey Kiwiana,love East coast NZ,been to Hawkes bay(Napier)Good fishing!!! My extended family live in Waihi Beach,and this trip i travelled to Coromandel,waihi beach,tauranga,Whakatane,gisborne(to watch the rythm and vine music festival)and wellington..Auckland does not do anything for me(all you see is the traffic)Great country NZ.
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:54 am

Kia Ora Kalaivani

I truly know what you mean cuz...the Coromandel,Napier and Gizzy,Hastings,Whakatane are beautiful places. Oh that wud have been awesome that festival.I just had some Kina from Waihi last week...haha....some mates have whanau there so I was spoilt. Too bad you werent still here...we cud do Taurangas and rock out to Stan together ae cuz...

and we all love to hate Auckz...but i just cant seem to leave and miss it wen Im away...go figure...lol take care cuz afro
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:19 pm

You are toooo funny girlfriend.. LMAO ..your enthusiasm and passion is catching......nooooooo we can't tell at all how absolutely stoked you are...lol...with glee:) cheerleader

A big shout out "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to ya....Stan performing for you live and in person....wahooooo! punk1 drooling sweat

Taichi
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Thanks Taichi...if it wasnt for SS and you i wud be clueless to the knowledge of this event...I am STOKED! Almost had a heart~attack wen I read ur msg...just couldnt believe it. I honestly thought he wudnt be back for ages...bless Stan cuz...he always thinks of the cuzzies back here at home and missed by the Stan~fan~Farno wen hes away from OZ...hes cherished wherever he goes! Stan Performing @ the Matakana Island Natural Breeze music festival. 563318

Kiwiana
    UnderSTANds the need 4 STAN! huyya
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:31 pm

Ooooo Lucky take videos and pictures if aloud too please :)
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:03 pm

For sure sarah...We will be allowed to take photos coz we are paying groupies...lol.

Wat a cool avatar gurl!afro

Kiwiana xo
    STANds by her STAN
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:04 pm

gaaaahhhh , so happy for you kiwiana . farrr i wish i was in nz so i can come to the festival desperate hahas . ahhh are you going to ruggamuffin ? cos we have one in oz but they stupid thing is that they divided it in to two days - with different special guest on each day Stan Performing @ the Matakana Island Natural Breeze music festival. 51088 .. but i cant wait to see how the event goes , you have to inform us on every detail Stan Performing @ the Matakana Island Natural Breeze music festival. 0425
    sarahbunny
    sarahbunny
    STANning
    STANning

Post by sarahbunny Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:07 pm

Haha thanks :) i can't wait for them....its gonna be a busy couple of weeks again for stan :)
    kiwianabananarama
    kiwianabananarama
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by kiwianabananarama Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:22 pm

Oh Raggamuffin got pushed aside the second Taichi told me about Stan singing at the festival....oopz... but i cant afford to go to both even tho' Lauren hill and Sean Kingston will be at raggas...but priorities mate....Stan first...always! I have to STANd by my STAN!!! geek
    Dont worry I'll write another full page of details for everyone to read.
    Photos? I still have to post the Auckz 'signing' ones....shame on me...AND I need a good avatar!
    But i will guys!! I owe SS this time for the info! I wud neva have known till it was too late otherwise...
    aaaahh 3 sleeps to go! boat
    Who knows some darling person might shout me to raggas next weekend cuz...haha...fingers, legs and eyes crossed!!

Kiwiana xo happy dance
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:32 pm

ahahaaa , dw i would put seeing stan as number one priority too Stan Performing @ the Matakana Island Natural Breeze music festival. 333657 ohh aye , truu maybe someone might shout you to raggas , hahas , lols .. dont worry we will wait for those piks smile wooooo , 3 more sleeps for you cheerleader lols ..
    QueenTiger
    QueenTiger
    PR Webmistress
    PR Webmistress

Post by QueenTiger Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:47 pm

Hey Kiwi, Its so exciting hey, As linda said we have seen him a few times and OMG there is nothing like it, He is such an awesome guy and his voice OMG melts your heart...
    Anyway I'm with Sarah mate please please take photos and video if possible and post them up it would be awesome....I'm so cries that i wont be in NZ for it...
    anyway i'm so excited for you, have fun, & await your updates.... Stan Performing @ the Matakana Island Natural Breeze music festival. 563318

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 pm