Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

+7
fynesthorse
Taichimisty
josephineperrot
Hikoi
Ataahua
Linda
Simona
11 posters

[11.12.09] Celeb Chat: Stan Walker

Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

[11.12.09] Celeb Chat: Stan Walker Empty [11.12.09] Celeb Chat: Stan Walker

Post by Simona Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:43 am

Credit source: http://www.nzgirl.co.nz/articles/13081

Celeb Chat: Stan Walker

If you haven’t heard of Stan Walker – where have you been hiding for the past few months? Stan really is the man, he’s the winner of 2009’s Australian Idol and he’s a kiwi boy through and through (though he’s based in Coolangatta, Brisbane).

Ramarea caught up with the bubbly boy on his trip back home last week to find out more about what it’s like to win Australian Idol, his love for Beyonce and what he’s after in a woman…

On his New Zealand fans...
    The fans here are more hard out than I would have thought. They are full on!

On Australia...
    Australia is my home at the moment. But I'm not an Australian - I'm a Maori living in Australia. Aussies do try and claim me - and I was born there (Stan was born in Melbourne), but I'm not an Australian citizen. I was brought up over here in Tauranga.

Kiwi music he loves...
    Maysie Rika, Brooke Fraser, Katchafire, Kora, Nesian Mystik (he's related to lead singer, Te Awanui Reeder).

On winning Australian Idol...
    It was wicked - just awesome. I was pretty much just shocked, and that's it. Then it was straight into work. I've been doing everything - promo, TV, gigs... It's really full on. And I've already started writing for my next album.

The perks of being the new Mr. Australian Idol...
    It's pretty wicked. I get to meet people, get promoted, free stuff... Back here especially, I've been given loads of stuff. I don’t mean like ‘yay look at all these free things’, but the things I've been given here come with a lot of heart. A kuia at the Maori Sports Awards gave me an awesome taonga - things like that are just awesome.

Why he loves Beyonce...
    Do you have to even ask? She's my wife! Are you serious? Can you not see it? No hear it? Feel it?! Haha... She's the best thing in the world. No one can sing and dance like her - she's a freak of nature!

On seeing her live in concert...
    I almost fainted when I saw her come out! And I got to touch her - this hand touched her! Do you want to touch my hand now?! (And yes, I touched it!)

What he's looking for in a woman...
    It's much more than just a look. I look at the heart in a girl - I know that's cheesey... I've got a high standard because I've learnt from my mistakes. I want a girl who loves God more than me. Someone who loves people, loves life, culture, her family... Someone who can sing, and is tall and beautiful. Maybe a bit older too. And if I'm going to be really picky, she should have nice long hair... Unless she suits short hair! (She sounds supiciously like Beyonce…)

On his high standards...
    I don't want to muck around. The guys on Idol were telling me that I should open my mind up to more girls, but I’ve just got a standard. If you lived my life - you would know why. Not many people wait for their husbands or wife - I've been there, done that, and now I've changed my ways and I live a new life.

Before Australian Idol...
    I was working in retail at a store called Man to Man. I finished school in 6th form, dropped out and works at heaps of different places. The only place I really sang was at Church.

On the ‘Ataahua’ tattoo printed on his neck…
    During the show I found out my ex-girlfriend was pregnant… She miscarried, but that’s why I’ve got ‘Ataahua’ (which means beautiful in Maori) tattooed on my neck. Ataahua was going to be the name of my baby.

The best piece of advice given to him...

Always stay true to yourself, never forget when you come from and keep humble.

His piece of advice for nzgirls...
    Value yourself. Girls who don't value themselves generally have no standards. And also, wait - don't be pressured into things. And it's not about how many times you fall, but how many times you get back up.

Why he choose Miley Cyrus' 'The Climb' to sing on Idol...
    It's a wicked song! It's a mean song - great lyrics, wicked melody... And it was just so relevant to where I was at that time (in the Australian Idol top four). When everyone found out that I was singing Miley, they were all like 'Oh no... You've fully lost it now Stan...' Until they heard it. It’s just a wicked song!

Ramarea
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

[11.12.09] Celeb Chat: Stan Walker Empty Re: [11.12.09] Celeb Chat: Stan Walker

Post by Linda Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:12 am

hmmmmmmmmmm
    [11.12.09] Celeb Chat: Stan Walker 00020456
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:32 am

wasn't this the interview that was supposed to reveal which twitter account is his???
    Hikoi
    Hikoi
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Hikoi Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:49 am

His piece of advice for nzgirls...
    Value yourself. Girls who don't value themselves generally have no standards. And also, wait - don't be pressured into things. And it's not about how many times you fall, but how many times you get back up.

Love that! :idea: ⭐
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:17 am

yes, hikoi same here Big Smile

Also he gave a pretty detailed description of his ideal girlfriend. Anyone fits it? What a Face i like the "a little bit older" part Wink

Twitter wasn't mentioned in this interview so I guess she asked him personally in that occasion but didn't report it.

For those who don't know. Ramarea, the reporter, tweeted that 1stanwalker is officially Stan's personal twitter account after this interview took place. She stated Stan himself confirmed it.
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:57 pm

I think someone said they do not believe there was an interview with Stan at all so I do not think I would put much faith in this article at all..some of the answers you could get out of any article online..and plus my nephew who is the same age is STan was born in ausse and his still a citizen..so very weird what was said on here
    Ataahua
    Ataahua

Post by Ataahua Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:04 pm

Simona7 wrote:
    Also he gave a pretty detailed description of his ideal girlfriend. Anyone fits it? What a Face i like the "a little bit older" part Wink

he was referring to Beyonce. 🤡
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:23 pm

Naaaah....he must mean me...I fit his description to a 'T'
    love people...life...cutlure...family...oh yeah beautiful lol...bit older...nice hair....yep fit the bill lol!

Not an Oz citizen.....that doesn't sound right....my friends two children (Stan's age group) were born here in Brissie, I always understood it to be compulsory!!! scratch
    hmmmmm me thinks....this story has gaps in it...

Taichi
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:49 pm

Taichimisty wrote:Naaaah....he must mean me...I fit his description to a 'T'
    love people...life...cutlure...family...oh yeah beautiful lol...bit older...nice hair....yep fit the bill lol!

Not an Oz citizen.....that doesn't sound right....my friends two children (Stan's age group) were born here in Brissie, I always understood it to be compulsory!!! scratch
    hmmmmm me thinks....this story has gaps in it...

Taichi

*nudges T and says "oi that's me too!" Big Smile

yes, I read it and thought that it sounded a little off but can't really put my finger on it. I think she ad-libbed her reworded it a tad!
    :?:
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:55 pm

hmmm , im lost bout the not an australian citizen bit , lols id always thought if you were born here you were automatically a citizen ? hehe
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:04 pm

hi girls yes my nephews and family who were born here are either older or younger or around the same age as Stan so they are Aussie Citizens you can of course like me get dual passports I can hold both a NZ passport and a English one since my father came from a small island in between france/england but because it is govern by the english and his my dad I am titled to one..
    I have learnt from reading a few things online you have to take it with a grain of salt..what is happening is some NZer's try to own Stan and some Aussies as well..I think like he said we are all immigrants the only true native aussies are the aborigines I would that was a true statement from Stan and I would say whoever is managing Stan would make sure that was pointed it out..you only need to go into youtube and read there how bad it gets..I just say 'instead of arguing just support him and buy his music'
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:13 pm

thanks for that jo , i understand what you mean and where stan is coming from now :) lols yess youtube is getting bad as everyone is trying to claim what he is and abit of racism going on , tst tsk tst .. but hope they will understand and just support him and his music ..
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

Post by Simona Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:17 pm

Stan said in another NZ radio interview that he currently holds a NZ passort and not an OZ one, also said he is a NZ citizen and not a OZ citizen... yet! He may get "adopted" and granted citizenship after the AI competition though (he said this ironically but could be possible). link to the intervie https://stanwalker.forumotion.com/interviews-f23/91209-interview-with-the-edge-nz-t133.htm

I don't see any strange aor suspicious with this interview. It is Stan all over [11.12.09] Celeb Chat: Stan Walker Icon_biggrin

@Tes. I know he wants beyonce as his wife but I think he will have to renounce to that "dream".... so if someone has the quality he loves to see in a parter and fits the description (i.e. has a beyonce look [11.12.09] Celeb Chat: Stan Walker Icon_farao) better come foward soon[11.12.09] Celeb Chat: Stan Walker Lol

Last edited by Simona7 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to the radioEdge NZ interview)
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:30 pm

haha , i wonder who can fit everything of beyonce , LOLS esp the singing & dancing like her - i givee up ! :^0: ahahahahahahahahaaaaa , LMAOOO !!
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:37 pm

lol

After reading all of this then how the heck do I even nominate him for australian or young australian of the year. You need to be a citizen of australia for that......

my last post vanished regarding this matter grrrrrrrrrrrr
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:39 pm

lol

After reading all of this then how the heck do I even nominate him for australian or young australian of the year. You need to be a citizen of australia for that......

my last post vanished regarding this matter grrrrrrrrrrrr
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:57 pm

fynesthorse wrote:hmmm , im lost bout the not an australian citizen bit , lols id always thought if you were born here you were automatically a citizen ? hehe

I don't think you are automatically a citizen if you are born here. I don't think So I went and checked.

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/current/

Australian citizen by birth
    Whether you are an Australian citizen by birth depends on the date of your birth.

Most children born in Australia before 20 August 1986 are Australian citizens by birth unless one parent was entitled to diplomatic privileges or was a consular officer of another country.

Children born after that date are only Australian citizens if at least one parent was an Australian citizen or permanent resident at the time of their birth.

Children born in Australia to parents who are not Australian citizens or permanent residents, automatically acquire Australian citizenship on their 10th birthday if they have lived most of their life in Australia.

I believe Stan went back to NZ before his 10th birthday.
    fynesthorse
    OutSTANding
    OutSTANding

Post by fynesthorse Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:30 pm

ohhh ohkk , thanks for that robyn :)
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:54 pm

AH! Now I'm understanding this more and more!
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:59 pm

but then we had a chat about Ladyhawk born in NZ but she does her music here and records it here and she resided here on a certain year or so to gain automatic residency, Because Stan was born here he must have had the rights to be on Aussie idol, it was a sensitive matter in the forum ..lol..depending on if you were anti Stan or supporting him..at the end of the day if you love someones music I do not think where you are from or what culture you are does matter, I am sure he gets tired of people asking him but he would be going against who he is if he did not say one or the other..catch 22

forgot my nephew who is the same age as Stan born in Sydney but lived most of his life in NZ told me he gets all the benefits while looking for a job if I applied I would not get them I have to apply for residency even though my hubby is aussie and my little boy is..it is so much damn paper work I have never bothered
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:47 pm

josephineperrot wrote:forgot my nephew who is the same age as Stan born in Sydney but lived most of his life in NZ told me he gets all the benefits while looking for a job if I applied I would not get them I have to apply for residency even though my hubby is aussie and my little boy is..it is so much damn paper work I have never bothered

That sounds like way too much red tape eh? It would be interesting to see if he qualified for citizenship because the I would be encouraged to nominate hime for aussie or young aussie of the year awards. He would be such an IDEAL nominee! I think in order to appear on idol he only needed residency, I mean look at some of the auditions and there were people there that could hardly speak english so I'm sure they only had residency.

I personally don't care where his citizenship lies as long as he keeps singing! He just has to be careful not to bite the hand that feeds him though.
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:17 pm

I actually find this article a little bit offputting....the tone i think not quite sure.....
    stan has regarded himself as a mozzie and then twice in one sentence i am not australian and aussies try to claim me....its a bit of a negative stance or tone.....journalism is about the twist though......on the idol forums i was defensive about this not being an australian thing...defended him tot he hilt.....the biggest argument i had actually....and if it were to be exact phrases from stan looks like i am the one eating my own words.....deb
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:21 pm

I would not believe everything you hear Deb's for one..it is a NZ article and even though I am a kiwi I know they have tried to claim him from day 1 even more so. you have to take everything you read with a grain of salt till he says it on Tv from his own lips! I cannot see Stan saying those words in any shape or form..his never in his interviews on tv every sounded in any way how this article is trying o express him..so I would not take this kind of article to heart xx
    Linda
    Linda
    Webmistress
    Webmistress

Post by Linda Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:34 pm

I agree with Josephine.

It's a NZ article and they obviously are all clamouring to claim the boy. Stan's marketing people need to be aware though (& Stan needs to be a little careful here) that this was a show called "Australian Idol" voted by "Australian" people who have come from all multicultural backgrounds and they voted for an "Australian" Idol.
    todreaminblue
    todreaminblue
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by todreaminblue Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:34 pm

josephineperrot wrote:I would not believe everything you hear Deb's for one..it is a NZ article and even though I am a kiwi I know they have tried to claim him from day 1 even more so. you have to take everything you read with a grain of salt till he says it on Tv from his own lips! I cannot see Stan saying those words in any shape or form..his never in his interviews on tv every sounded in any way how this article is trying o express him..so I would not take this kind of article to heart xx

yeah i promise i will not take it to heart but it did rub me the wrong way.....my furs all puffy now....lol...made me a little sad........oh jo can you go to the stans t shirt thread i would like your input on my last post tell me what you think......deb

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:46 pm