Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Stan's State Fan Forum

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Stan's State Fan Forum dedicated to Stan Walker.

Feel free to visit our PORTAL page to glance at the latest news.

In order to view the rest of the forum, meet fellow Stan fans and join in on our discussions, you will need to REGISTER with us. After activation you will be able to log in to the forum with your username and password.
If you have any questions or need help browse our FAQ or CONTACT.

Thank You.
SSFF Admin

Stan's State Fan Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stan's State Fan Forum

This is the place for devoted Stan Walker fans to share their love, debate and engage in the career of this exceptional young artist.

New Album
LET THE MUSIC PLAY
Out Now!
New Single
Out Now
Check out Stan Walker's
upcoming appearances near you

5 posters

[09.12.09] Stan Walker 'can't leave home'

Ataahua
    Ataahua

[09.12.09] Stan Walker 'can't leave home' Empty [09.12.09] Stan Walker 'can't leave home'

Post by Ataahua Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:53 pm

So many news articles today!![09.12.09] Stan Walker 'can't leave home' Sweat

source credit: http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/3144690/Stan-Walker-can-t-leave-home

Stan Walker 'can't leave home'

Australian Idol winner Stan Walker says he hasn't been able to leave the house since winning the singing competition.

"I don't go nowhere now, I'm just stuck at home, " the Australian-born, Kiwi-raised singer told Stuff.co.nz.

Despite knowing what he was getting into when he joined up for the show, Walker said he didn't always enjoy the attention he received as a result of his win several weeks ago.

"It takes a lot out of you. I hate all the, 'Oh you're famous' (stuff) because I just want to be normal but that's not going to happen anymore." Walker admitted.

"I just love singing, I love meeting people, I love learning things. The only thing is that it comes with being bombarded with fans. "

The 19-year-old, who cites Luther Vandross, Alicia Keys and John Legend as his idols, said he tried not to pay any attention to the judge's comments during the show.

"Whether it's good or bad it's going to get to your head. So, you don't listen. You just keep your head and focus on the goal and work hard at doing it."

Hard work is something of a mantra for the Maori boy who grew up in Tauranga.

He was quick to dismiss the famed Idol Curse, which has seen many winners of both Australian and US Idol competitions fail to make an impact on the charts

"It's about how hard you work, it's how much you want it and what you are willing to do," he said.

"People wrote to me and said, 'I hope you don't win, you'll do much better if you don't win.' But it's about the person, it's about how much you're going to put in."

Apart from getting a recording contract and releasing an album, he has also become an ambassador for the Sony Foundation.

This enables him to be a role model for troubled youths, something he is passionate about.

"People need to look beyond what they see; there's always an explanation for why people are like they are."

"It's not about how many times we stuff up and fail, because I stuff up every day. It's about how many times we get back up and keep going forward."

keep working hard Stan! all your fans are behind you 100% of the way!
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

[09.12.09] Stan Walker 'can't leave home' Empty Re: [09.12.09] Stan Walker 'can't leave home'

Post by josephineperrot Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:14 pm

haha wait till Sarah pounces on him then he will know what a true fan is like..I can just see it!!!
    I think it is so funny he never listened to the judges!! but he did work hard at his fitness and he did in some ways take on board some of what they did say but I like it he is saying 'work hard' all the times in the forum us girls had to defend his work ethics..good on our Stan
    Simona
    Simona
    State Founder
    State Founder

[09.12.09] Stan Walker 'can't leave home' Empty Re: [09.12.09] Stan Walker 'can't leave home'

Post by Simona Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:52 pm

What a lovely article. It focused on Stan as a person and I loved it.

It gave a real insight to his persona. Reading the last two paragraphs filled my heart with joy and pride: we're supporting a great young man [09.12.09] Stan Walker 'can't leave home' Icon_sunny
    RobynO99
    RobynO99
    STANning
    STANning

Post by RobynO99 Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:42 pm

Yes, I don't think Stan was expecting his explosive popularity. Particularly in NZ. He might find it a bit calmer when he gets back here. There he is a big fish in a small pond - he he might be the same size fish - but a MUCH bigger pond!
    josephineperrot
    josephineperrot
    STANning
    STANning

Post by josephineperrot Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:46 pm

so true Robyn and I know your leaving soon so I want to wish you a wonderful xmas filled with joy and laughter while your in the USA! a happy new year filled with bubbles from champagne and I hope a wonderful kiss from a very deserving gentleman..
    'May you have calm seas and blue skies where ever you go'
    love
    Josie
    Taichimisty
    Taichimisty
    STANnified
    STANnified

Post by Taichimisty Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:28 pm

OOOHHHH.....I ❤ ❤ what I read.....that's one of the reasons you rock my world Stan Walker cos you walk the walk and talk the talk....I am a huge fan of the inner and true you!!!!
    Way to go Stanley!!!! Deep, meaningful and soulful....sigh. ☀

Taichi

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:29 pm